Blank Page after step 2

I have attempted to install jam on ubuntu 14.04. I have PHP 5.5 with Curl (short tages are enabled), Mysql 5.5.47-0. I have ioncube installed [echo var_export(extension_loaded('ionCube Loader') ,true); >>> true]. I'm running Nginx as a reverse proxy for Apache2.

Apache2 has mod_rewrite and "AllowOverride all" set for the "/var/www/html" path in the apache2.conf.

I have also tried changing the .htaccess file's "#RewriteBase /" to "RewriteBase /affiliates" as the install directory is "/var/www/html/affiliates".

I get a blank page after submitting step 2.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

I had enabled "display_errors" but it does not seem to be displaying errors. There is an error in the Apache2 log "script '/var/www/html/index.php' not found or unable to stat". Though this doesn't seem to be related in timing with trying to install.

The "index.php" is in fact in the "/affiliates" folder, i have tried copying the affiliates fodler directly into /var/www/html as well. I did get the error "AH01797: client denied by server configuration: /var/www/html/affiliates/system/log.php". I then chmod 777 the directory and it stopped, but did not generate any logs after. I have the "var/www/html" directory set to "Require all granted", so it should be allowed to generate the log file.

Still have the same issue.