Trying to add new form results in PHP error

PHP error

Severity: Notice

Filename: jroxadmin/Forms.php

Line Number: 73

Backtrace:

File: /home/jxtesting/public_html/jem3/application/controllers/jroxadmin/Forms.php

Line: 73

Function: _error_handler

File: /home/jxtesting/public_html/jem3/index.php

Line: 302

Function: require_once

and

Severity: Warning

Message: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/jxtesting/public_html/jem3/system/core/Exceptions.php:271)

Filename: helpers/url_helper.php

Line Number: 564

Backtrace:

File: /home/jxtesting/public_html/jem3/application/helpers/JX_url_helper.php

Line: 147

Function: redirect

Line: 164

Function: redirect_page

File: /home/jxtesting/public_html/jem3/application/controllers/jroxadmin/Forms.php

Line: 75

Function: redirect_flashdata

RESULT

I tried twice and got the same error both times, but after I refreshed the system, I found that there are 2 "New Forms": both default to "Contact US" but in the simplest one-field form, with CAPTCHA

Follow up on what I learned tinkering with the accidental forms

Form Generator lets you manage the forms used in JEM, and the default forms are Registration, Checkout and Contact.

Clicking on the blue link will show a Manage Forms display letting you name and describe the form

Clicking on the magnifying glass icon will open a new tab showing how the form appears in real-time

The menu icon lets you add custom fields to the form

The pencil icon lets you modify the form's functions even further. Depeding on what tab you're in, it will let you configure the specific fields and how they present: for example, drop-down options, bullets options, etc.

Questions:

form method POST and GET - what are they?

process form function - send to email OR Post to webpage -- I'm guessing this means either the form is sent to email lists, or it is only available on the webpage of the form itself. Tell me if I got it wrong.

function - DEFAULT: info@jrox.com - what else can be put here?

thank you url - I assume this is the webpage option that will show IF enabled --I see no opt-out on the thank you

The blue icon with up-down arrow that appear when you have more than one form field lets you drag and drop the fields until you're satisfied with their line-up.

When you're in Manage Form Fields, the pencil icon can help you customize the number of entry fields you desire, and the names of these fields (you can even edit these names in different languages)

Field type

text - simple bar - but still can paste "lorem ipsum"

textarea - large enough to type messages in , ex" Lorem ipsum" and adjust -- didn't check character limit

select - a new text box will appear, "Field Options" - enter one option per line

I tried "alpha, beta, delta" and saved changes

The select field now gives "alpha, beta, delat options" in a dropdown format

radio - gives Bullet options under select fields options

checkbox - gives a checkbox but no open field. just the checkbox

date - nothing happens, area is grayed out. Why? trying to type in dates in numeric form MMDDYY or any other combination doesn't work.

Is there a previous step I missed setting?

hidden - using this option, the field (email address in this case) disappeared.

password- using this option, the email address appeared as the basic ************ format.

What is field validation

PHP error

Severity: Notice

Filename: jroxadmin/Forms.php

Line Number: 73

Backtrace:

Line: 73

Function: _error_handler

and

Severity: Warning

Message: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/jxtesting/public_html/jem3/system/core/Exceptions.php:271)

Filename: helpers/url_helper.php

Line Number: 564

Backtrace:

Line: 147

Function: redirect

Line: 164

Function: redirect_page

Line: 75

Function: redirect_flashdata

RESULT

I tried twice and got the same error both times, but after I refreshed the system, I found that there are 2 "New Forms": both default to "Contact US" but in the simplest one-field form, with CAPTCHA

I've addressed this bug... seems that it was from one of my updates...

Questions:

form method POST and GET - what are they?

that is an HTML term for sending data to a page from a form. POST data is sent in the background, while GET data are fields that are appended to the URL, like:

http://www.domain.com/?name=john&username=mike&email=test@jrox.com

process form function - send to email OR Post to webpage -- I'm guessing this means either the form is sent to email lists, or it is only available on the webpage of the form itself. Tell me if I got it wrong.

this just sends data to an email after being posted, and a web page is more of an advanced option where you can send a specific data from a form to another web page /site if that's what you need.

function - DEFAULT: info@jrox.com - what else can be put here? this can be a function for sending data to another page - advanced option.

thank you url - I assume this is the webpage option that will show IF enabled --I see no opt-out on the thank you

where users are sent to after filling in a form.

The blue icon with up-down arrow that appear when you have more than one form field lets you drag and drop the fields until you're satisfied with their line-up.

When you're in Manage Form Fields, the pencil icon can help you customize the number of entry fields you desire, and the names of these fields (you can even edit these names in different languages)

Field type

text - simple bar - but still can paste "lorem ipsum"

textarea - large enough to type messages in , ex" Lorem ipsum" and adjust -- didn't check character limit

select - a new text box will appear, "Field Options" - enter one option per line

I tried "alpha, beta, delta" and saved changes

The select field now gives "alpha, beta, delat options" in a dropdown format

radio - gives Bullet options under select fields options

checkbox - gives a checkbox but no open field. just the checkbox

date - nothing happens, area is grayed out. Why? trying to type in dates in numeric form MMDDYY or any other combination doesn't work.

Is there a previous step I missed setting?

bug.... i fixed this already.

hidden - using this option, the field (email address in this case) disappeared.

this is for adding a hidden field in the form.. it's not supposed to show at all.

password- using this option, the email address appeared as the basic ************ format.

What is field validation

this sets specific validation methods for making sure the form data is correct, like validating for an email address, alphanumeric characters, etc..