Restoring/Installing JAM Software and Database from years old backups

Hello

I had JAM installed on my domain (still own the domain name) a few years ago and I downloaded the database backup as well as the files.  I no longer have access to the old web server it was hosted on.  I would like help on uploading/installing all of the files and database backup to the new server.  I know I will have to use FTP to upload the files however I'm not sure if I should do a fresh new install first, then replace the new files with my old files via FTP or if I should upload my old files first, then start the install.  Also regarding the database, I don't know if I should let the installation script create a new database using the name of my old database and then merge/replace the files using myphpadmin or if I should upload my old database files using cpanel and some how connect it to a new installation.

The new installation will have the same domain name and same folder name as before.   I believe this to be an easy task but just not sure what the best procedure is.

Please help me.  I'm comfortable doing everything myself, I just need someone to point me in the right direction or give me instructions.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.  

Based on your reply, you either did not read my entire post or you just don't understand.   

The JAM installation guide cannot help because I don't need instructions to install (this is a restore issue not a new installation issue).

I need help to restore/transfer JAM form an old server to a new server (to keep all files and customizations).  Please, if you don't know what I'm talking about, can you please escalate this to the next level support (although this should be an easy resolution).

My previous post has 2 specific questions I would like answered (that cannot be answered in the JAM installation guide):

1. I need to know if I should do a fresh install first, then replace the new files with my old files via FTP or if I should upload my old files first, then start the install. 
  2. I also need to know if I should create a new database using the name of the original database and then merge/replace the files or if I should upload my old database files and connect it to a new installation.